Our team provides:
- Acute illness management by established protocols.
- Chronic disease management eg. diabetes, asthma, heart disease.
- Treatment room procedures eg. travel immunisation, dressings, ear syringing.
- Family planning.
- Screening, including cervical smears.
- New-patient checks.
- Health Promotion, including smoke-stop and weight control.
- Minor injury service.
- Telephone advice/triage.
- Phlebotomy (blood-testing) clinics are held every morning from 8:10am.
Providing expert nursing for those who are housebound or have recently left hospital, advice on all aspects of health care and obtaining assistance from other agencies. Please contact via Reception.
The team are based at Wareham Health Centre and are available Monday - Friday mornings. At other times a dedicated answer-phone takes messages - 01929 550586. The team provides expert advice on child care, developmental assessment, immunisation and child protection issues.
Health Visitor Clinics:
- Open Access on first and third Wednesday of every month between 9.30 - 1.00 am, no appointment necessary.
- By appointment on alternate Friday afternoons - please ring 01929 550586.
- Home visits are available - please ring 01929 550586.
A comprehensive service is provided by the Yellow Team at Dorset County Hospital. Clinics are held at the Practice on alternate Friday mornings 9.40 - 11.00am
Please see the information on the pregnancy tab.
Citizens Advice Bureau
Weekly sessions with an advisor are held in the Practice on Tuesday mornings and are available to all patients registered at Bere Regis Surgery. Consultations are confidential and information is not shared with the Practice unless so requested. Appointments are made for this service at reception.
- Regular chiropody clinics are held at Wareham Hospital for patients who qualify and are referred by a doctor or nurse.
- Our Practice-based counsellor consults during a weekly, half-day session. Referral is required for this.
- We can offer support and one to one counselling advice for patients who wish to give up smoking. Please ask at reception or call for details.