FLU CLINICS AT BERE REGIS SURGERY
Our Flu clinics have finished for this year but you may still book an appointment with one of the Practice Nurses, please contact Reception to make an appointment.
Flu can affect you much more seriously if you are ‘at risk’. You may feel ‘fighting fit’, but you should consider having your free seasonal vaccination if you fall into one of the following 5 groups
1. People aged 65 years or over (including those becoming age 65 years by 31 March 2016)
2. All pregnant women (including those women who become pregnant during the flu season)
3. People with a serious medical condition such as:
ü chronic (long-term) respiratory disease, such as severe asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) or bronchitis;
ü chronic heart disease, such as heart failure;
ü chronic kidney disease at stage 3, 4 or 5;
ü chronic liver disease;
ü chronic neurological disease, such as Parkinson's disease or motor neurone disease;
ü a weakened immune system due to disease (such as HIV/AIDS) or treatment (such as cancer treatment).
4. Children aged either 2, 3 or 4 years old and children of any age with a long term condition i.e. asthma or diabetes.
5. People living in long-stay residential care homes or other long-stay facilities where rapid spread is likely to follow introduction of infection and cause high morbidity and mortality. This does not include, for instance, prisons, young offender institutions, or university halls of residence.
6. People who are in receipt of a carer’s allowance, or those who are the main carer of an older or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if the carer falls ill.
For an appointment call 01929 471268
Please do not be afraid to ask one of the doctors or nurses if you have any concerns about the flu vaccine.