Bere Regis Surgery
Bere Regis Surgery, Manor Farm Road, Bere Regis, Wareham, BH20 7HB
Current time is 08:17 - Sorry, we're closed
Telephone: 01929 471268
Out of Hours: 01929 471268
Welcome to Bere Regis Surgery
EMAIL : If you wish to contact us by email please use the following address:
Please do not include any sensitive information in the subject line.
Coronavirus – the new normal
GP Practices have had to significantly alter their working practices to help them manage capacity for the Coronavirus response. In order to continue slowing down the spread of the virus and keep people safe, primary care across Dorset is seeking to continue to deliver services via this new approach, whilst maximising the use of technology.
With this in mind, it is vital that we ensure people understand how to access primary care in order to maintain patient safety and establish a new normal which embraces the positive changes brought over the past few months.
- The Practice is still open and we encourage people to get in touch for any health concerns that cannot be dealt with by you, your family or friends or the local Pharmacy
- Routine vaccinations and immunisations are important and are available at the Practice
- Please only visit the Surgery in person if you have an appointment, have been advised to do so by one of our clinicians or are collecting medication
- If you think you need to see a Doctor please call the Practice to speak to a clinician or use e-consult (see above)
- If you need to be seen face-to-face you will be given an appointment to come to the Practice
- This change is happening to keep staff and patients safe
- We want to discourage people waiting outside the Practice for appointments and waiting in the waiting area to reduce the spread of coronavirus
- Coming in for a booked appointment means you will be seen promptly
- Staff will clean down areas before you arrive to keep you safe
- If you have coronavirus symptoms DO NOT come to the Practice – self isolate and seek help via the Practice or NHS 111
DISPENSED MEDICATION –
From Thursday 19th March you will be able to collect your medication from the Reception window at the rear of the building
If you have difficulty collecting your medication because of the new Coronavirus self isolating guidance, please let us know and we will arrange for someone to collect your medication for you
To help our dispensers cope with the increased demand caused by Coronavirus, please don’t attempt to collect your medication early. We are only dispensing one months medication as usual.
If you have to sign for your medication, to speed up the process we would be grateful if you could bring your own pen!
Please note, the surgery will be closed for staff training on the following dates:
Wednesday 30 September 2020 15.30 – 18.30
Wednesday 9 December 2020 13.30 – 16.30
Tuesday 25 February 2021 15.30 – 18.30
If you require urgent medical attention whilst we are closed please call 111.
Patients will be unable to collect medication during these times.
It’s a very sad day when we feel we need to post this in our waiting room and on our website
The Practice takes it very seriously if a member of staff or one of the doctors or nursing team is treated in an abusive or violent way
The Practice supports the governments ‘Zero Tolerance’ campaign for Health Service Staff. This states that GPs and their staff have a right to care for others without fear of being attacked or abused. To successfully provide these services a mutual respect between all the staff and patients has to be in place. All our staff aim to be polite, helpful and sensitive to all patients’ individual needs and circumstances. They would respectfully remind patients that very often staff could be confronted with a multitude of varying and sometimes difficult tasks and situations, all at the same time. The staff understand that ill patients do not always act in a reasonable manner and will take this into consideration when trying to deal with a misunderstanding or complaint.
However, aggressive behaviour, be it violent or more commonly, abusive, will not be tolerated and may result in you being removed from the Practice list and, in extreme cases, the Police being contacted.
In order for the Practice to maintain good relations with their patients the Practice would like to ask all its patients to read and take note of the occasional types of behaviour that would be found unacceptable:
- Using bad language or swearing at Practice staff
- Any physical violence towards any member of the Primary Health Care Team, or other patients, such as pushing and shoving
- Verbal abuse towards the staff including verbally insulting the staff
- Racial abuse and sexual harassment will not be tolerated within this Practice
- Persistent or unrealistic demands that cause stress to staff will not be accepted. Requests will be met wherever possible and explanations given when they cannot
- Causing damage/stealing from the Practice premises, staff or patients
- Obtaining drugs and/or medical services fraudulently
We ask you to treat your GP’s and their staff courteously at all times
Please be nice, we are trying to help you!
DISPENSARY QUERIES/TELEPHONE CALLS
The dispensary will take telephone calls between 13.00 and 14.00.
Please call 01929 471268 and choose option 2.
Improving Access to General Practice
Evening and weekend appointments now available – Please click on the appointment tab at the top of this page for more information.
We understand how important it is to keep your personal information safe and secure and we take this very seriously. We have taken steps to make sure your personal information is looked after in the best possible way and we review this regularly. Please click on the GDPR link to the right of this page for further information.
08:30 until 18:30
08:30 until 18:30
08:30 until 16:00
08:30 until 18:30
08:30 until 18:30