If you are planning to have a baby and would like some pre-conception advice, you can book to see a GP at the Surgery.
The Midwife offers:
· Pre-conception advice
· Referral/Booking Appointments at your home
· Antenatal Clinics at the Surgery
· Arranges Scan and blood tests
· Care throughout your pregnancy
· Home visits following birth until 10 Days (you can contact/see the Midwife up until 28 Days)
· Hand over to the Health Visitor
· Information on other Services/Support Groups
· Breastfeeding support
A comprehensive service is provided by the Yellow Team at Dorset County Hospital. Clinics are held at the Practice on alternate Friday mornings 9.40 – 11.40am
If you have already had a positive home pregnancy test you do not need an appointment with the GP to confirm your pregnancy, you simply need to arrange a booking appointment with a midwife.
For Dorset County Hospital and Poole Maternity Unit – please come into the surgery to collect a Pregnancy Pack which will include a self referral form. A midwife will contact you to arrange a booking appointment (usually at home).
During the Antental and Postnatal periods you will be cared for by the Team of Midwives based at Dorset County Hospital.
Antenatal Clinics are held at the Surgery on Friday mornings by appointment