Bere Regis Surgery
Bere Regis Surgery, Manor Farm Road, Bere Regis, Wareham, BH20 7HB
Current time is 13:13 - We're open
Telephone: 01929 471268
Out of Hours: 01929 471268
Due to retirement Bere Regis Surgery have a vacancy for a full time Lead Receptionist. We are looking for someone who ideally has GP receptionist experience and is looking to increase their responsibility. The applicant must have a good understanding of IT, be proactive, motivated and willing to go the extra mile for our patients.
Bere Regis Surgery is situated on the edge of the scenic Purbecks 12 miles from Poole, Dorchester and Wimborne, 8 miles from Blandford Forum and Wareham. Free parking is available nearby.
For further information, to arrange a Practice visit or request an application form, please contact Nicky Chivers, Practice Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 2nd August
Please see the Job Description below:
Staff member …
POSITION: Senior Receptionist
REPORTS TO: PRACTICE MANAGER
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of reception and associated functions ensuring they are carried out in accordance with agreed procedures, protocols and time-scales, reporting to the Administrator/Practice Manager as necessary.
- To offer general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
- To facilitate effective communication between patients, members of the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies.
- To undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the practice
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties may vary under the direction of the GP Partners or Practice Manager depending on workload and staffing levels and may include the following:
Appointments and rotas
- Add Clinicians sessions onto the computer, keeping track of holidays/study days and locum cover, liaising with Dr’s/Practice Manager, identifying any areas of concern.
- Manage appointments, visits and other diaries in line with agreed policies.
- Make appointments for patients to see Clinical staff associated with the practice.
- Record requests for home visits.
- Continually assess and evaluate systems recommending changes and improvements to the Practice Manager as appropriate.
- Computer data entry/data allocation and collation; processing and recording information in accordance with practice procedures.
- Register new patients onto the clinical system
- Process all medical records arriving and leaving the Practice
- Deal with incoming and outgoing registrations
- Administer staff annual leave and overtime sheets in preparation for payroll, liaising with Practice Manager with any areas of concern
- Ensure adequate staffing levels; oversee Holiday/Sick rotas in line with agreed policy liaising with Practice Manager if needed
- Deal with general telephone enquiries from patients and general public.
- Extract patient records for home visits and routine enquiries where needed.
- Record messages for Doctor, Nurse and Administrative staff.
- Open mail and scan to patients records as appropriate
- Check and action electronic tasks
- Oversee Petty Cash
- Arrange repairs or servicing of equipment as appropriate
- Try to ensure a happy environment!
The above list of duties is not exhaustive and may be subject to change as deemed necessary.
Health and safety considerations must be adhered to as follows:
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of health and safety for oneself and others
- Using security systems within the Practice as instructed
- Identifying potential risks within the Practice environment and undertaking to minimise such risks
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge and training of health and safety guidelines
- Understanding and utilising appropriate infection control procedures, maintaining hygiene in work areas and keeping the premises free from hazards
- Immediate reporting of potential risks as identified
CONFIDENTIALITY AND DIVERSITY
In the undertaking of the duties outlined above the post-holder may have access to sensitive information relating to patients, carers and Practice staff. This must be kept strictly confidential at all times.
- Patients seeking information from the Practice do so in confidence and as such have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- Practice policies and procedures relating the protection of personal and sensitive data must be adhered to at all times and only divulged to authorised persons.
- The post-holder will support the equality, diversity and rights of patients in a manner that is consistent with Practice policies and legislation
- The privacy, dignity and beliefs of patients, carers and colleagues must be respected
- The post-holder should behave in a manner which is welcoming, non-judgmental and respectful of the circumstances and rights all of all visitors to the Practice
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
The post-holder will participate in any training programme deemed appropriate by the GP Partners, which may include:
- An annual individual performance review, to include the contribution a record of own personal and professional development and discussing targets for the future
- Taking responsibility for own development, learning and performance and demonstrating skills to other members of staff when required
- Attending any external training course thought appropriate to the role
The post-holder will strive to:
- Effectively prioritise own time and workload
- Alert colleagues to issues of quality and risk
- Assess own performance and take accountability for own actions
- Contribute to the effectiveness of the team by making suggestions for areas of improvement
- Work constructively with individuals in other healthcare organisations to meet patients needs
- Communicate problems effectively with other team members and work together towards a solution
CONTRIBUTION TO THE PRACTICE
The post-holder will be expected to:
- Maintain and apply Practice policies and seek to uphold standards
- Discuss Practice policies with other members of the team and seek to implement new services and quality standards where appropriate
08:30 until 18:30
08:30 until 18:30
08:30 until 16:00
08:30 until 18:30
08:30 until 18:30